Monday 14 July 2014

A VERY SAD DAY (14 JULY 2014)

This will be brief.  Late this afternoon I received the rotten news from my sister Helen that Mum had finally given up her long struggle with declining health. I fly back to Adelaide on Wednesday for the funeral, with plans to return to Carnarvon in a week's time. 

By sheer coincidence, Stu will be in Adelaide for that same week so at least I shall have the pleasure of seeing both the boys again.

Liz will continue with her job here at the park. I am comforted by the knowledge that she is surrounded by any number of friends and work colleagues here who will be able to support her in the most unlikely event of any drama.

I mention all this because obviously the Marshie missives will be absent from your screens for a while. When I return we shall see just what Carnarvon is all about.

Vale Mum....you will indeed be missed.


No comments:

Post a Comment