Thursday 3 November 2016

WE ARE STILL ALIVE AND KICKING - A QUICK EXPLANATION (4 NOV 2016)

No, dear readers, I've not fallen of the edge of the world! In 'Blogtime' we are still in Lightning Ridge, where I still have many tales to tell and photos to share, but as you are aware the screen has been blank for a couple of weeks. This will be rectified shortly.

Since our return to Adelaide, we have been somewhat overrun with medical appointments, emergency dental work, a number of pressing administrative engagements and assorted domestic odds and ends, all of which have been time consuming to say the least. I was only commenting to Liz last night, I have done more time behind the wheel in the past three weeks than we did coming home! 

On top of all this, a recent family matter of some significance has been occupying most of my time and energy.....there has been little left for anything else. The immediate crisis is now over although there will be ongoing demands on my time for a few more weeks. 

One spot of good news from a logistical point of view is that, after consultations with my orthopaedic surgeon and a new set of X-rays, it has been decided that plans for a knee replacement are a couple of years premature. Not being banged up for some weeks and unable to drive for six or more does not disappoint!

As things are now beginning to settle on several fronts I would hope to return to our adventures in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment