Sunday 8 October 2017

ANOTHER REAL TIME UPDATE AND AN ADMISSION OF FAILURE (9 OCTOBER 2017)

I have failed, dismally. My previously posted pledge to have 'real time' and 'blog time' in synch by the time we left Adelaide has not become a reality as must be obvious to any who follow our adventures regularly (greetings KG!).

Unexpected dental work, a raft of van repairs, complications with the completion of the final report relating to a major investigation with which I have been involved since the beginning of the year (for RSL-SA) and a few other schedule snarls rendered my intentions utterly untenable. 

We did leave Adelaide as planned on Friday last (6 October), spent the first night at Casterton (just across the SA-VIC border some 60 mins north-east of Mount Gambier), and followed this up with our second overnight in Colac on the Princes Highway west of Geelong.

As I now type we are now sitting in the back yard of the home of our very good friends at Mount Martha on the Mornington Peninsula where we shall be spending a week before hopping onto the Spirit of Tasmania for our next big adventure.

So, dear readers, I shall be doing my best to spend the ensuing days beavering away on the backlog, but this time I'm making no promises. Being embarrassed once is enough!  


No comments:

Post a Comment