Sunday 6 May 2018

PLAN? - ANOTHER UPDATE (7 MAY 2018)

As regular readers may recall, on 29 March I posted Plan 'A'.....an avowed attempt to complete my blogs of our Tassie trip before we left Adelaide to head up 'The Track' and back into WA for the remainder of 2018.

Well, as I've long maintained, a plan is merely the first blueprint of change, and change it has been.....I'm now on about Plan 'G'. 

It's a longish story and I'll not bore you with details other than to say that things dental were delayed, regular medical check ups threw up a few more visits (all now good) and I found myself embroiled in much more work than I had anticipated in reviewing and rewriting my Surf Club By-Laws in my capacity as the Chairman of the Club's Constitution Committee.

Throw in a hectic (but delightful) social schedule and Liz's work (which has been constant) together van repairs (all minor), Cruiser servicing and a few other domestic challenges, and I'm afraid my original plan went swiftly the way of many others.....right out of the window!

But with most of that now behind me, it's back into blogging harness for the next three weeks before I head off to the Canberra War Memorial to honour an old Surf Club mate (killed in Vietnam in April 1969) at the Last Post Ceremony on 25 May. 

Our plans to leave Adelaide on 30 May remain intact as I type. Goodness knows what tomorrow might bring....hopefully no unwelcome surprises!

No comments:

Post a Comment