Monday 12 August 2019

I RETURN TO A BLOG DISASTER (13 AUGUST 2019)

I will be the first to admit when it comes to IT that my technical skills are on the very lower end of the scale. But over the years I have gradually mastered a few techniques which have been critical to the presentation of this blog. 

Can you therefore possibly imaging the degree of frustration I experience when bloody Windows foists an 'update' on us, one we cannot avoid accepting, the upshot of which is a radical change to a technique I've been using for ages.

Such a situation greeted me on my return from Adelaide a couple of days ago. I have found myself completely unable to upload many photos from the Internet onto the blog despite several attempts using various methods (and spending over four hours at it). My best guess (and in my case, that is all it could be!) is that the last alteration to our operating system has placed some sort of electronic block on this procedure. 

Needless to say I'm furious, not least because the last of my presentations from White Cliffs demands the ability to reproduce photos of the interior of one of the most extraordinary dugouts one could ever expect to see (with full permission of the owners). A tour of this home it a highlight of any stay here.

I toyed with the idea of moving on without including this feature, but have decided that there are so many occasions on which the inclusion of an acknowledged shot or two from the Internet is critical to the sense of what I am trying to bring you, that I've decided to put this last missive on hold until I can obtain some expert advice to hopefully restore this function.

This may take a while, so in the interim I shall press on with our adventures beyond White Cliffs, obviously using only the photos we have taken ourselves.

"Not bloody happy, Jan!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment