Tuesday 25 October 2016

ANOTHER REAL TIME UPDATE (26 OCTOBER 2016)

Liz and I have now returned to Adelaide...in fact we have been 'home' now for two weeks. As those of you who have been following our southbound adventures, it has been an interesting trip to say the least, and from a blog perspective, far from over. Given the time we spent in Lightning Ridge (and the massive number of photos etc) I suspect I'll not catch up for some weeks.

We have finally managed to set up the van the way we want it at Windsor Gardens (this has taken some time....we are here until early February so wanted to make it as comfortable as possible). I'll have a bit more to say about that in due course.

Liz has pulled on the employment yoke yet again and is happily looking after patients at The Memorial Hospital, where all who know her are delighted she is back. She even caught one of the older hands warning a new comer to the hospital who was to be working in the same ward as 'The Matron' to make sure she dotted every 'i' and crossed every 't' if she wanted to go home a happy camper....Liz was a little taken aback but I reckon it was bloody good advice!

I have had my eyes checked and all is currently satisfactory (this was the real reason we returned so early.....certainly not the weather!!) and we have both darkened our dentist's door. Given the fact that the day after we arrived I had a three tooth bridge detach itself from my jaw, I was more than pleased that the bloke who put it in (30 years ago as it transpired) would be on hand to put it back (very successfully I might add).

The other major news on the medical front is that, pending the outcome of X-rays in a week or so, my orthopaedic surgeon is of the view that the proposed replacement of my right knee is somewhat premature.  He is of the opinion that if it is not giving me stick overnight (and it isn't) it is far better to delay any radical action for as long as possible, despite the present activity restrictions. He is not getting any argument from me. I am becoming increasingly wary of being the subject of a full anaesthetic as my age climbs, for a number of reasons.

We are still planning a four week 'sabattical' on Yorke Peninsula in February before returning to Adelaide for the month of March for Stu's wedding and Liz's sister's 50th. 

In the meantime, I shall continue to beaver away on bringing the remainder of our return journey to you...there is a lot more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment